“Most Christians have pure (blind) faith, not well-versed at all in their own Scriptures and its plethora of incongruencies, contradictions, and erroneous logic — ”
So sez the false professors of academia as well as the pseudo-professors and self-described experts of Christianity. Didja catch that? ‘Professors.’ As in professing. As in mouthing. As in professing but never possessing. Nice. In one sentence, the decon here has played his hand. He has given us his doctrine.
But first. Did you notice how the decon framed his argument by putting ‘most Christians’ into his little box? Of course the decon is a bible expert and once professional Christian……one who has singularly decided that he has the drop on scripture, and all other people of faith are idiots for not believing what he now despises.
‘Incongruencies, contradictions, erroneous logic.’ Hmm, let’s examine briefly the so-called learned ones claims which have decided the scriptures are erroneous and cannot be trusted.
Incongruence. Not in harmony with others in the same place eh? Really now? So Matthew was not in harmony with Mark, and Luke was out of step with John? Uh, nnnno. The myopia lies with the reader. Always. Strike one.
Contradiction? A combination of statements not in harmony with each other eh? Really now? So Christ taken by wicked hands and crucified is contradicted by ‘no man taketh my life…….I lay it down?’ Uh, nnnno. The spiritual myopia lies with the reader who is blind to the responsibility of man and the sovereignty of God. Strike two.
Erroneous? Containing error eh? Really? Name one so-called error. Maybe in the mind of one who has not examined entirely the claims of scripture, and one who has stopped short of examining every bit of fact and testimony which scripture brings, but certainly not in scripture as it is written. Strike three, your out!
A pure laughing matter that is, listening to someone say he deconverted from God, Christ, scripture, and THE faith once delivered, because he LEARNED that scripture itself is full of alleged defects.
To such a one I would say you ‘tried’ Christianity, the same way one test drives a car, and found that it was not suitable for your needs, for the answer is always the same: errors in scripture, errors that contradict ‘science,’ and an out of touch with reality faith that has failed. Uh, nnnno, the fault lies with your test drive. There are no defects in God, Christ or scripture. (You can’t keep swinging, your out!!!!)
The errors lie with you. You have focused on a multitude of questions in which you find no delight in answers, and you have ignored ten thousand answers already given. You have fallen for Goliath’s size and false strength and knowledge, and ignored David’s stone of power and truth. You have choked on the internet, and have not tasted the honey of truth which gives the internet its context. You have traded truth for lies.
You have taken the devil’s bait of pretended intellect, and have ignored Solomon’s advice regarding pride. You sir/ma’am, have in fact eaten the rotten fruit of lies which can never satisfy but only to a stubborn heart. You have additionally fabricated yourself as a god.
But please do not pretend Christians who actually believe the scriptures, and who have spent a lifetime of daily study………are somewhat short of learning. Uh hello? Some have actually poured over the so-called shortcomings and so-called contradictions……..and have found nothing but exquisite truth…….when as the good book says, ‘to compare scripture WITH scripture……..’ something the decon has never learned to do, for if so, deconnery would be rejected as easily as the jewels of scripture prove.
You may as well find a defect in the setting sun, something no sane man would do, as to suggest scripture can be broken. So with that, here are a few more suggestions for quick and easy deconnery. But first, what is a decon?
A decon is one who is presently on a different mission; one that includes citing believers as behind the times, incapable of rational thought, one who aligns with atheism, one who cites learned people as dunces if they believe scripture and God…….and THAT’S a big one.
It’s one thing to walk away from the tenets of Christianity, it’s quite another stretch to all of a sudden say ‘there be no God.’ Ouch. What large legs fools must have to make that quantum leap.
Anyway, here are the top ten ways to be a professional decon;
10. Say Judas never hanged himself. Say he never lived.
9. Say Christians are intellectually lazy to believe that Is-lam and the head choppers are not one and the same as the teaching of He who said to ‘love thy neighbor.’
8. Say Christ was no different than your auto mechanic, Confucius, or an embezzling thief.
7. Say Saul/Paul fabricated his own conversion and spent the rest of his days promoting a lie.
6. Say Genesis cannot be trusted. Say the flood was a scientific impossibility. (Avoid the fact that the world is 3/4ths water. Double ouch)
5. Say that Adam and Mrs Adam, also known as Eve, were mere figments of poetry, and scripture presents them as tales simply to fill up space in the first book and history of man.
4. Cite Christ as a liar when He, as well as Paul the apostle, referenced the first man and woman as historical certainties; as certain as the moon is above. Be sure to include the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Enos, Seth, and Adam as fraudulent.
3. Say that ‘all science proves’ Adam was a literary figment of spiritual delusion, and an impossibility because science sez so. Say that Einstein is smarter than He who created the brain.
2. Say that all Christians have never read, studied, understood the scriptures the way that the decon has………..because the decon is the expert here, he believes it properly, because to believe the good book, one must be a decon.
And of course the heavy hitter, and currently the no. 1 reason why deconnery exists:
- Say that the love of God and the bitterness of humanity cannot be reconciled. Say that no God, especially the God of Christians, would allow people to kill each other, and just say that God is responsible for all evil that exists. But much simpler yet: you have found a greater affection than Christ Himself. You have traded lies for truth.
And with this, it is easy to see that decons are in fact guilty of spiritual malfeasance, and are lost as fog regarding the truth of scripture, and the nature of God Himself. They know not what they say, to be sure. A box of pity is called for. And what does scripture add to the nonsense?
‘They went out from us………they were not OF us…………’ Thus saith the Lord. Scripture always has the last word. Of course.